Eremea is a
nationally accredited Home Care Provider that has been operating since 2002,
providing people with a range of in-home care services and clinical
support. Eremea exists to ensure people live
life well, which means we align our client’s life requirements for good
health, happiness, emotional wellbeing, and security. We’re here so they can
maintain their lifestyle, feel part of a supportive community, and continue to
enjoy their best life in their own way.
About the role:
This position has core responsibilities for ensuring that resources are deployed and services scheduled to meet client needs which encompasses the clients goals as directed. Another focal point for this role is to manage procurement activities which includes taking ownership of the review and engagement process for contractors and suppliers in a way that it is aligned to Eremea’s business model and compliance requirements.
– Process all client requests for services and products, inclusive of, but not limited to: selecting appropriate Service Partner or Supplier to carry out request, follow through on quote, allocate services or order products with relevant Service Partner or Supplier, set up service, billing and visits in the system and confirm all services.
– Ensure job is completed and actioned for charging of fund and payment of supplier.
– Follow-up on client queries and complaints.
– Take overall ownership of all client requests and escalate issues and complaints as required.
– Maintenance of Service Partner (contractor/supplier) relationship, Familiarisation with contractor database and build knowledge of types of services and products.
– Negotiate and prepare quote for the job.
– liaising between the service coordinator/rep and contractor to ensure contractor delivers booked services and/or products as per brief and within agreed timeframe.
– Coordinate cancellations or rescheduling of visits and ensuring services/products are delivered in an efficient and professional way.
– Proactively manage communication, queries and issues with service partners.
– Manage contractor expectations, compliance and onboarding as directed.
– Coordination of internal stakeholders
– Find ways to continuously improve service delivery, team collaboration and process efficiencies through seeking and providing proactive feedback.
– Execution of administrative duties,
– Manage service confirmations and QR codes in line with Eremea’s processes in real time.
– Provide inputs for weekly and monthly reporting.
– Perform ad-hoc admin duties and participate in projects as required.
– Onboarding suppliers
– Supplier Compliance and Governance
– Managing Home Mods
About your experience:
• Experience in In-home care and Home Care Package programs with knowledge of associated funding streams, supplier market and emerging trends in service delivery.
• Ability to manage a high-volume client caseload, including service allocation, compliance, and case management.
• Exemplary customer service skills to provide service delivery that meets clients’ needs in a respectful, helpful and responsive manner whilst effectively monitoring and making adjustments to services and products provided to clients as required.
• Exceptional oral and written communication and listening skills.
• Experience in working with and sensitivity to the needs of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook along with experience in various CRMS, billing and scheduling systems.
• Knowledge of a second language is desirable but not essential.
• Completion of tertiary qualifications or Certificate in a related field e.g. Social work, Community Services will be highly regarded.
About the role requirements:
You must be willing to attain or already have the following:
• Current Criminal Record Check Certificate (Police Check)
• Current Working with Children’s Check Certificate
About working with us:
• Immediate start available
• Career growth and progression through training and development
• Refer a friend and get $200 voucher upon 4 weeks of work completed
• Mobile phone allowance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Ongoing support and employee engagement initiatives
If you’re interested in this role, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply by clicking on the link below and attach a copy of resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this position.